Aloha and a very Happy New Year to you all. First, the 45th Anniversary Banquet & Fundraiser (including a Silent Auction) is coming up on Saturday, March 2nd. If you can, please come out and support BRP:
Also, please consider purchasing a copy of the 45th anniversary BR issue:
Now, in honor of this issue, here are this month’s writing prompts which you can use if you like, or go ahead and write about anything you choose. Here we go:
The big issue
A long time
As usual, let’s write something between 100 and 500 words, in any language you choose, with no translation required, although you will possibly connect with a wider audience if you can provide a translation.
Okay, let’s write.
- We reserve the right to remove content that promotes hate or gratuitous violence. Be respectful and courteous to others.
- All contest challenge entries must be submitted by the designated
- Enter as many times as you like using a trigger/prompt (this page).
- Contest Challenge entries can be prose (including short stories, nonfiction essays, or whatever you write), poetry, or plays -- or any type of hybrid writing you dream up.
- Every entry must have a title -- unless you choose to enter a haiku, in which case you can simply enter the word haiku in the title section.
- All content/entries should be original work. You retain ownership of your entries; however, we may ask to use them elsewhere on the site or on social media to help promote Bamboo Ridge and/or the Bamboo Shoots online writing community.
- Winners will be announced with all possible speed after the end of each month. Winners receive 10 Bamboo Bucks credit to spend in the BRP online bookstore. Bamboo Bucks have no monetary value outside of the online store.
- Entries may also be selected for publication in the regular Bamboo Ridge Journal. If your piece is chosen, the editors will contact you via the email address on file.
- Please note that you need not enter the contest challenge in order to post on Bamboo Shoots. You may post other writing if you choose. We welcome that here: Click this link to go to Shoot da Breeze.