Aloha #WriterMonday. Today’s #WritingPrompt is
Use it to inspire a piece of writing, and then either post that piece below as a contest entry, or post in on the non-contest Shoot da Breeze page: https://www.bambooridge.org/bambooshoots/shoot-da-breeze/
We would love to read it, and you never know but that it might be published in a future issue of Bamboo Ridge : )
Caution (Part Ten)
Chan hunched in the vestibule. The shouting came from the right. Peering around the corner, he saw that this great hall was the living room. Beyond was the dining area. Two men sat at the enormous table.
One held a gun. He shouted, “Eat! Eat, it up!”
The other took a spoonful of something and put it in his mouth. The food had dribbled down his chin, streaking his shirt. Attempting to eat, he retched.
“Drink! Drink!” The gunman waved his weapon wildly.
The man, Stenton by his photo on the company wall, lifted a glass, sipped, and retched again.
Chan, staying low behind the furniture, continued moving into the room, keeping as wide of the two as possible. From this distance he knew he could take a shot and hit the man with the gun. He was betting the man, if he did fire from the table, would miss.
- We reserve the right to remove content that promotes hate or gratuitous violence. Be respectful and courteous to others.
- All contest challenge entries must be submitted by the designated
- Enter as many times as you like using a trigger/prompt (this page).
- Contest Challenge entries can be prose (including short stories, nonfiction essays, or whatever you write), poetry, or plays -- or any type of hybrid writing you dream up.
- Every entry must have a title -- unless you choose to enter a haiku, in which case you can simply enter the word haiku in the title section.
- All content/entries should be original work. You retain ownership of your entries; however, we may ask to use them elsewhere on the site or on social media to help promote Bamboo Ridge and/or the Bamboo Shoots online writing community.
- Winners will be announced with all possible speed after the end of each month. Winners receive 10 Bamboo Bucks credit to spend in the BRP online bookstore. Bamboo Bucks have no monetary value outside of the online store.
- Entries may also be selected for publication in the regular Bamboo Ridge Journal. If your piece is chosen, the editors will contact you via the email address on file.
- Please note that you need not enter the contest challenge in order to post on Bamboo Shoots. You may post other writing if you choose. We welcome that here: Click this link to go to Shoot da Breeze.