Okay, it’s time to write for May. Let’s go 100 to 500 words. This month’s challenge is to use a line or sentence twice.
Writing a poem? Use the same line as your first line and your last. Or repeat the line twice at the beginning or end. Or use it anywhere you like, so long as it appears twice. Like an echo. Or for emphasis. Or however.
Writing a story? Use the same sentence in the same way as above. Once at the beginning and once at the end. Twice at the beginning or twice at the end. Anywhere. As long as it’s used twice.
So here we go with prompt suggestions. Remember, you can completely ignore these prompts and write about whatever you want to write about. Here we go.
To recap: 100 to 500 words, and a line or sentence used twice somewhere in your piece.
Okie Dokie, let’s write.
- We reserve the right to remove content that promotes hate or gratuitous violence. Be respectful and courteous to others.
- All contest challenge entries must be submitted by the designated
- Enter as many times as you like using a trigger/prompt (this page).
- Contest Challenge entries can be prose (including short stories, nonfiction essays, or whatever you write), poetry, or plays -- or any type of hybrid writing you dream up.
- Every entry must have a title -- unless you choose to enter a haiku, in which case you can simply enter the word haiku in the title section.
- All content/entries should be original work. You retain ownership of your entries; however, we may ask to use them elsewhere on the site or on social media to help promote Bamboo Ridge and/or the Bamboo Shoots online writing community.
- Winners will be announced with all possible speed after the end of each month. Winners receive 10 Bamboo Bucks credit to spend in the BRP online bookstore. Bamboo Bucks have no monetary value outside of the online store.
- Entries may also be selected for publication in the regular Bamboo Ridge Journal. If your piece is chosen, the editors will contact you via the email address on file.
- Please note that you need not enter the contest challenge in order to post on Bamboo Shoots. You may post other writing if you choose. We welcome that here: Click this link to go to Shoot da Breeze.