Whoa! Weird! Yestahday I couldn’t reach dis site. I tought somebody stole um. I was gonna call da intahnet cops. But now no need. Ho! What a plop plop fizz fizz relief. Anyway, jes pretend you travelled back in time an dis is Monday. Sooooo, Bill an Ted
Aloha #WriterMonday. You know what that means, right? It’s prompt day fo da Bamboo Ridge Year a da Rat Writing Contes. So da second #WritingPrompt for Septembah is
You recognize da two Hawaiian Bird of Paradise, right? I tink maybe everyone seen um out in da wild. Guess what? It’s not one endangered species. In fact, it’s dese guys stay da mos healty bird species in da whole State. So no feed um. We no like encourage um. Okay, so what about prompts? Hmmmmm
not enough love
not enough space
no mo elbow room
bride and groom
Plus anyting else you come up wit. So use da prompt to inspire any piece of writing, any style, any howevah much words long you like, post um as one Septembah contes entry. Eh! You nevah know when your stuff might get chose fo publication in one fucha issue of Bamboo Ridge : ) So go nuts an write an post every day.
- We reserve the right to remove content that promotes hate or gratuitous violence. Be respectful and courteous to others.
- All contest challenge entries must be submitted by the designated
- Enter as many times as you like using a trigger/prompt (this page).
- Contest Challenge entries can be prose (including short stories, nonfiction essays, or whatever you write), poetry, or plays -- or any type of hybrid writing you dream up.
- Every entry must have a title -- unless you choose to enter a haiku, in which case you can simply enter the word haiku in the title section.
- All content/entries should be original work. You retain ownership of your entries; however, we may ask to use them elsewhere on the site or on social media to help promote Bamboo Ridge and/or the Bamboo Shoots online writing community.
- Winners will be announced with all possible speed after the end of each month. Winners receive 10 Bamboo Bucks credit to spend in the BRP online bookstore. Bamboo Bucks have no monetary value outside of the online store.
- Entries may also be selected for publication in the regular Bamboo Ridge Journal. If your piece is chosen, the editors will contact you via the email address on file.
- Please note that you need not enter the contest challenge in order to post on Bamboo Shoots. You may post other writing if you choose. We welcome that here: Click this link to go to Shoot da Breeze.