We are currently seeking submissions for Bamboo Ridge, Journal of Hawaiʻi Literature & Arts, Issue #126. This is a regular issue open to all works for, by, and about the people and places of Hawaiʻi and the Pacific.
DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2023
There is no reading fee. Contributors retain all rights and receive an honorarium of $50, a copy of the issue, and a discount to purchase additional copies.
Email submission to: BRPsubmissions@gmail.com
- Subject line should read “Submission, [last name], Issue126”
- Forms: short fiction, creative nonfiction, essay, poetry, stand-alone excerpts, visual art, experimental forms.
- Prose (word count): 5,000 words or less.
- Poetry (# of poems): up to 5 poems per author (no more than 10 pages).
- Send Word or PDF document as an attachment.
- In the body of your email (or optional attached cover letter) please include your author name, byline if different, short bio, and contact information. Please also indicate the island that you are from. If you are not from the Pacific, please indicate your connection to Hawai’i or the Pacific region.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed. If accepted by another publication please notify us asap via email to withdraw your work.
- We will consider reprints if you retain rights to the work. In this case please include the name of the previous publisher and date of publication.
- We value your submissions however, cannot respond to every email personally. If your work is chosen for publication you will hear from us as soon as possible. We appreciate your understanding and patience during the selection process.
Guest editor: victoria nālani kneubuhl
One of Hawaiʻi’s most prolific writers, Victoria Nālani Kneubuhl is an award-winning playwright, author, scriptwriter, and educator with a diverse portfolio that includes seventeen plays, three mystery novels, over two dozen film and documentary scripts, and more. We are incredibly honored to have her as guest editor.
Her play “Ka Wai Ola: The Living Water” was published by Bamboo Ridge Press in He Leo Hou: A New Voice–Hawaiian Playwrights (2003).
Email read[at]bambooridge.org with any questions. Visit our About Us page for more info about Bamboo Ridge Press or check out our free access digital archive to read past issues.