Okay, Turkeys, it’s November. A good time to think skinny. Better yet, disguise yourself as tofu and live a long, happy life.
Okay, writers, it’s November. A good time to write about anything. Just like any other time. So let’s go between 100 and 1000 words.
Here are some prompt ideas for November. Don’t like them? No problem. Write about anything you’d like to write about. Use them generated writing ideas, or forget about them.
Remember, your piece may be selected by the editors for publication in a future issue of the Bamboo Ridge Journal of Hawai’i Literature and Art. Just ask Joy Gold. Congratulations, Joy.
So here are some prompt suggestions to ignore.
PCs vs. Macs
Okay, that’s good for November. Your piece should be between 100 and 1000 words. Everybody get down and get writing. Remember Joy Gold : )
- We reserve the right to remove content that promotes hate or gratuitous violence. Be respectful and courteous to others.
- All contest challenge entries must be submitted by the designated
- Enter as many times as you like using a trigger/prompt (this page).
- Contest Challenge entries can be prose (including short stories, nonfiction essays, or whatever you write), poetry, or plays -- or any type of hybrid writing you dream up.
- Every entry must have a title -- unless you choose to enter a haiku, in which case you can simply enter the word haiku in the title section.
- All content/entries should be original work. You retain ownership of your entries; however, we may ask to use them elsewhere on the site or on social media to help promote Bamboo Ridge and/or the Bamboo Shoots online writing community.
- Winners will be announced with all possible speed after the end of each month. Winners receive 10 Bamboo Bucks credit to spend in the BRP online bookstore. Bamboo Bucks have no monetary value outside of the online store.
- Entries may also be selected for publication in the regular Bamboo Ridge Journal. If your piece is chosen, the editors will contact you via the email address on file.
- Please note that you need not enter the contest challenge in order to post on Bamboo Shoots. You may post other writing if you choose. We welcome that here: Click this link to go to Shoot da Breeze.