Just another mellow Monday ova here in da Bamboo Ridge Press supah secret headquatahs. No mo noting stirring. Not even a mongoose. Jes Eric and Darrell playing Mahjong an singing some high-school alma maters from aroun da State. I can see da Bamboo Buck tree out da window in da back a da cave. Get plenny bucks fo give away. Would have more, but had some unreal winds ova here so lotta buds got blown off dis year. An speaking of blowing off dis year, I don’ know about you, but me, I like one do ova. WTF is wit 2020? It’s like I fell asleep in March an I jus woke up. Every freakin ting between den and dis morning is like one single night. Das about what if feels like to me.
Anywaysies, as Reverend Mark always says, here’s today’s Monday writing prompt, #3 for September.
Writing prompt ideas:
Or anyting else you come up wit.
No forget, da uddah Monday prompts:
Go for it. You wasting time. Hurry up! Stop reading dis already an go write.
- We reserve the right to remove content that promotes hate or gratuitous violence. Be respectful and courteous to others.
- All contest challenge entries must be submitted by the designated
- Enter as many times as you like using a trigger/prompt (this page).
- Contest Challenge entries can be prose (including short stories, nonfiction essays, or whatever you write), poetry, or plays -- or any type of hybrid writing you dream up.
- Every entry must have a title -- unless you choose to enter a haiku, in which case you can simply enter the word haiku in the title section.
- All content/entries should be original work. You retain ownership of your entries; however, we may ask to use them elsewhere on the site or on social media to help promote Bamboo Ridge and/or the Bamboo Shoots online writing community.
- Winners will be announced with all possible speed after the end of each month. Winners receive 10 Bamboo Bucks credit to spend in the BRP online bookstore. Bamboo Bucks have no monetary value outside of the online store.
- Entries may also be selected for publication in the regular Bamboo Ridge Journal. If your piece is chosen, the editors will contact you via the email address on file.
- Please note that you need not enter the contest challenge in order to post on Bamboo Shoots. You may post other writing if you choose. We welcome that here: Click this link to go to Shoot da Breeze.